The Official Dundee Pride activities include:
- Official Merchandise Launch at the Daily Grind on Thursday the 20th of September from 5-8
- Pride March on September 22nd starting at 12:00 noon
- Pride Festival in City Square on the 22nd of from 1PM to 8PM
- Pride Afterparty at DUSA on the 22nd of September from 9:30 PM to 3AM. Tickets available at Eventbrite
But in addition to these official events, the city is serving up a cornucopia of LGBT+ events and other activities. None of these events are part of the official Dundee Pride organisations, but pride doesn’t belong to anyone group. It belongs to all of us. We are really pleased to see that so many things are happening around the city. There is more than enough Pride to go around
Please support all the LGBT+ organisations and the many organisations that are visible allies of the LGBT+ community. Here is a listing of those activities we know about. If you spot anything missing or know of other actives, please let us know.
Tuesday the 18th of September
- Bingo Wings at Church 8-12
Saturday the 22nd of September (Pride Day)
- Bush Bar – A night of party dance anthems and karaoke 19:00 to 1:00
- Church – Shangela (from RuPaul’s Drag Race) is presenting ‘Shangela is Shook’. Shangela is a real superstar. 19:00 to 22:00
- Conroy’s Basement – Pink Couch III: Be Radical, Spread Joy. Three bands playing: Uniforms, Houdini Said No, Queequeg’s Coffin and MTAT DJS playing punk/hxc/hiphop/emo/whatever.
- Dundee Rep – Coffee for £1 at Rep Cafe during morning and afternoon. LGBT+ readings/performances in the Studio from 16:00 to 19:00
- Klozet – Kozet Does Pride – A full day is planned at Klozet from 11:00 to 2:30. Acts include Nick Shane, Miss Tish Ewe, Reba Martell, Ginger Rogers, Just Jessie. Vanity Despair will also be at Klozet after her performance on the Dundee Pride stage.
- Madigan’s Food Emporium – serving up pre-Pride breakfast/brunch in support of the Terrance Higgins Trust
- Maggies Penguins – The penguins are in Slessor Gardens over the weekend. Tickets can be purchased from the Dundee City Box office. There are several very camp or LGBT+ themed penguins.
- Pout Nightclub – Pout has taken over the whole building and has 2 floors filled with festivities. Entertainment included RuPaul’s Drag Race, Cher:dragged up and fabulous, Livin Joy, Kim on sax, and lots of dancing. 17:00 to 3:00
- V&A Dundee – The V&A is open to the public. Course ar 10:00-17:00
- Bibble Milkshake- 50% off Rainbow Rush Milkshakes in Overgate
- Yvonne’s Fancy Dress is offering a 10% discount for anyone mentioning Dundee Pride
Community Groups Forming
Several community groups are forming and we wished to support them by providing a place for them to engage with Pride participants. Please look for these groups out by one of the Dundee Pride vehicles. They are:
- Dundee LGBT+ Activists Committee
- Musicalitay – a new LGBT+ chorus currently forming